Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am soooo sorry Gatorade.

This is the first week since I started this blog five weeks ago that I didn't know what to write about. Every other week, I had it all planned out. I had jotted things down over the course of the week and really thought I was pretty clever. But this week went by so fast. I was swamped at work, busy at home, and really gave little thought to my precious blog until just now when I sat down with a glass of Powerade Zero to get ready for my work out.

And then it hit me. . . . .POWERADE ZERO!!!!!!! I got so sucked in by that stupid commercial. A sports drink with NO CALORIES!!!! The "Nutrition Guide for Runners" encourages sports drinks after every workout but I struggle with drinking calories because I eat so many of the darn things. So I went to the store this morning and purchased a giant bottle of grape Powerade Zero. And I feel so guilty.

Last week was all about my favorite running gear and I left out one of my most favorite things. It's not Powerade Zero. It's Gatorade. I love Gatorade almost as much as I love Nike. (Read last week's post to understand the significance of this statement.) First of all, my Great Grandma always kept Lemon Lime Gatorade in her refrigerator when I was a kid. It was the thing I loved most about visiting her house. But I must admit, I grew up thinking Gatorade was like a special drink to help old ladies keep their youth. I still have that nostalgic feeling when I drink Lemon Lime, kind of like how I think about scooping the loop in Ripon on a Friday night when I hear the song Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. That's weird. Moving on. . .

Gatorade is the best. The flavors rock. I can't even try to pick a favorite although I am a fan of all things purple. The new joy is G2, low cal gatorade. Or as the commercial says, half the calories, all the G. Which brings me back to the point at hand. I have betrayed my beloved gatorade all for the allure of the zero calorie Powerade Zero. It is not right, not fair. And it will never happen again.

Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment