Saturday, March 13, 2010

Making a Comeback. . . .

I have no real topic today. Just a collection of rather random ideas. In case you are wondering, I haven't seen a doctor or a nurse or a chiropractor or physical therapist or anyone else who might diagnose and help my hip pain. I, instead, put my hip to the test at the Black Eyed Peas show. I danced and jumped for a good 3 hours and it was ok. Now I will admit that I had to do about a half hour's worth of yoga stretches when I got back to the hotel room. I never had to do that in my 20's!!

Then I got some new shoes. Another good solution to pain associated with running. Today was the Shamrock Shuffle, a 5K at UW Oshkosh. Donning the new New Balances, I managed to run the majority of it and feel pretty good. Not bad considering there has been no running going on here for a couple of weeks. Thanks to my gals Edna, Sandy/Tamara, and Annie for joining me and giving me a good laugh just toward the end of the course.

A note to those of you who live in or near Ripon. . . .Jenny Tumas does a great yoga class on Saturday mornings and Wednesday nights. Those classes have helped my hip pain more than anything else I have done and I still felt like a got a good workout.

So this may be a turning point, a fresh start. I can't wait to get back on track. I can't wait to come up with a better, more creative idea for this blog next week. I can't wait to get out of these stinky running clothes! I hope you all have a wonderful week. I will be begging mother nature for some sunshine and hoping to start logging some good miles again!

No comments:

Post a Comment