Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Inspired

Well, last week I made a plea to all of my readers for help getting motivated again. I got some really nice responses and I am SO grateful to all of you who responded. There are two of you out there who gave me some great advice so I hope you don't mind me sharing. Both of you have my greatest respect for what you have accomplished as runners and so I really take your advice to heart. The funny thing is that, in not so many words, you both told me the same thing. You told me to use running as a reward to myself for the hard work I do, to be selfish with the time I spend running, and to never feel guilty when I take the time to do it. I love this quote from Dianna M., "Don't say I have to go running, say I GET to go running."

Each time I have been running since last weekend, I have gotten a little bit stronger and a little bit more confident. When I'm sore and tired and want to give up, I tell myself how great this is for my body and how lucky I am to be out running in the fresh air. I've also thought about these two strong, competitive women and how lucky I am to have them both as inspiration!

If this hasn't helped to motivate you so far, I have created a list of running DOs and DONTs to give you a little boost and advice.

DO. .. . . . .enjoy the song "Big Pimpin" by Jay Z
DO. . . . . . . .run like Phoebe from Friends
DO. . . . . .go to a nature trail for a change of pace
DO. . . . . . give yourself a pat on the back no matter how far or fast you run
DO. . . .. .take your 10 year old chocolate lab for a run, he still loves it!!!
DO. . . .force yourself to run a few hills. It hurts so good.
DO. . . . .know where a few public restrooms are along the way

DON'T . . . . . run with the sun at your back. The shadow situation is ridiculous.
DON'T . . . . .eat a FIBER ONE bar too soon before a run
DON'T. . . . . get upset if you have to walk a block or two or ten
DON'T. . . . .blame me if you're still a couch potato

OK, friends. Have an awesome week. I just ran 3 miles and I feel great. Even though the wind was blowing hard and it was too damn windy and my leg hurt a little and I picked a hilly route. Did I mention the wind? None of it mattered. I ran because I wanted to and that's a lot of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment